Get out and hike! That's it. That's actually what you need to know for the 52 Hike Challenge. This challenge was created a s a "global movement". The idea is to make the participants get outside and start hiking - at least 52 times within one year.
My goal is to complete the Challenge in 2017 for several reasons:
- I simply love to be outside
- I want to exceed my own limits
- I want to improve my hiking skills
- I love to share pictures and experience with others
- I would like to go through a "fit year" in 2017
As I usually do long walks with Ioma as well as during work, I added my own standards for the challenge, because I did not want to measure every single walk I do, but everything I really count as a hike.
This led to the following four "minimal standards" (which count for me, does not necessary count for you!)
- Every hike is at least 1,6km (=1 mile)
- every hike is measured with my GPS, so I will be able to see the profile in the end
- every hike is noted within my hiking log
- every hike includes taking at least one picture of myself and everyone hiking with me
To make it even more difficult, I would like to reach a few more goals during the challenge:
- hike at least 520km during the challenge, meaning the average of each hike is 10km
- finish the challenge before 01.12.2017
- include several hikes that are really challenging for me (climbing sections, high peaks etc.)
Up to today I have finished 29 hikes for the challenge. It is a total of 326,89km. Seems like I'm gonna reach my goals. Stay tuned to see whether I will finish the challenge!
And for every other hiker out there participating - keep on hiking and keep "changing your life, one step at a time"!!!